WA-NAFTO State Conference – March 3 & 4, 2014
The 2014 Washington Chapter state conference will be held at the Criminal Justice Training Academy in Burien, WA. This conference is absolutely packed with great presentations on topics that are current and relevant to FTO’s and Student Officers!
2014 WA State Conference Curriculum
- Legal Updates, Negligent Retention & Failure to Train Class Presented by: Stewart A. Estes – Read More…..
- FTO “Back to Basics” – Presented by Jeff Eddy
- FTO Program Management – Presented by Bill Cooper
- Generational Learning & the Impact on Field Training Officers – Presented by Mark Thomas
- Understanding the SEG’s – Presented by David Harris
- PTO Basic “PTO for the FTO” – Presented by Lee Brandt
- Student & FTO Relationships – Presented by Virgil McDonald
- Corrections Update – Presented by Zane McCraw
- Use of Force with Student Officers – Abdul Mohamed
- Current Trends at BLEA: Understanding Your New Student Officer -Presented by Jeff Eddy, CJTC Academy Staff/Tac Ofc.
- Presentation from WSCJTC Academy Executive Director Sue Rahr.
Resources for officers experiencing crisis – Presented by Code 4
The Lifelong Impacts of the Field Training Officer
Speaker – Bill Cooper
WA-NAFTO Conference fee is $125.00 per person, which includes membership for the National Association of Field Training Officers & the Washington Chapter of NAFTO.
We are searching for some motivated and dedicated people to join our Washington State Executive Board. We currently have some open positions and would like to fill these positions. If you think you are interested in filling one of these positions, attending the state conference will give you a complete understanding of what the position is all about. This is an opportunity to help shape FTO’s now and in the future in Washington State.